Within this WP, an early warning system for animal diseases will be developed based on a computer-aided, non-invasive real-time monitoring system-on line (RTMS-ON). The aim is to detect and thus limit infections at the earliest possible time point through parameters such as body temperature, food intake and water consumption.
As non-invasive tools for assessment of body temperature, infrared thermography and thermal chips will be implemented. The aims will be achieved through five tasks:
- Development of a prototype monitoring system.
- Implementation of the prototype in a BSL3 laboratory.
- Establishment of baseline parameters and use with experimentally infected animals.
- Adaptation and establishment of the RTMS-ON in sentinel farms.
- Monitoring of sentinel farms with RTMS-ON.
Description of work and role of partners
Please login or register to see the full page.